Showing all 2 results
Orlistat Capsules (Generic Xenical)From: £21.99
Xenical CapsulesFrom: £34.99
At some point in our lives we can all relate to carrying a bit too much weight. We crave to trim the excess and tone up our bodies, by means of diets, gym and sports.
At very high levels this is classified as obesity. Obesity in the UK is fairly common and Orlistat 120mg (Xenical 120mg) is a prescription only medication that has successfully been used to aid weight loss.
Obesity is a condition characterised by carrying excess fat to an extent that is considered unhealthy and there is a need to lose weight. Clinical obesity is diagnosed by calculating your Body Mass Index, which indicates your body weight in relation to your height.
The normal BMI for a person is between 18.5 – 24.9. Within this range you are considered to be at the correct weight for your height. Individuals who have a BMI between 25 -29.9 are classed as being overweight, those with a BMI over 30 are considered obese. Generally speaking the higher the BMI the more overweight a person is.
BMI is a good indicator of obesity in most individuals however it may not be suitable for everyone. In people with a highly muscular physiques (e.g. bodybuilders), the BMI may be very high, however they cannot be classed as obese as their body fat is low. This is as muscle weighs more than fat and contributes to the high BMI value.
Obesity is a gradual process which occurs as a result of food intake being greater than calories burnt. Common causes of obesity include:
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of exercise
- Slow Metabolism
- Psychological Disorders / Factors
- Associated with other conditions such as Thyroid disorders, diabetes and Cushing’s Syndrome
- Treatment with certain medications
- Genetics – some people may have a family history of obesity, increasing their chance of suffering from this condition
Obesity is a disorder that can result in many different complications and may lead to development of other serious conditions, some of which include:
- Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
- Certain Cancers
- Breathing difficulties including Asthma & Sleep Apnea (a condition where you stop breathing for short periods during sleeping)
Obesity is a condition that may be managed through various approaches. Treatment depends on individual patient characteristics including overall weight (BMI), age and medical history. The treatments available for weight loss include:
- Healthy diet
- Increasing Exercise
- Weight Loss Medications: Including Orlistat (Xenical) which works to control weight through limiting fat absorption.
- Weight loss surgery such as gastric band surgery, gastric bypass or gastric sleeve.